Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hello Again....

Took a little time off from blogging. For the past two weeks I haven't written any postings. I haven't even read anybody else's.

I occasionally go through seasons where I just avoid my computer. A technology mini-vacation. I stay attached to my computer all day at my job and eventually I just get sick of it. Instead I read more books and try and do more stuff around the house. I have been thinking about getting a Facebook account and everyone has been telling me I should. However, the thought of spending more time in front of a screen and keyboard right now just seems so unappealing to me. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about... I have. But sitting down and putting my fingers on the keys..... yeeesh....

I've been loosely keeping up with my email. But I haven't even been really surfing the web lately or playing any computer games. I am pretty addicted to Wikipedia but right now, I only check it every couple of days. I still momentarily go to a couple of news sites that I like, just to keep up with what's going on out in the world. I'm not yet ready to fall completely off the grid.

I think this condition is more encompassing than my computer and has also spread to other technologies including my cell phone. Normally on the ride home from work in the afternoons, I call my friends and catch up with them. I haven't even been doing this. Again, no real reason. Just don't feel like picking up the phone and pushing the buttons. I'd rather just put on the radio (I listen to NPR and WRVA... gotta have some balance) and just drive.

Do you ever go through times where you feel allergic to technology? Over the past couple of weeks, I wished it was warmer so we could pack up the truck and go camping somewhere and just get away from electrical cords and all the data swirling around. My mini-vacation from technology has been good for me. I feel it is ending and I'll be getting back to posting on this blog. This isn't the first time I've taken a break since I've started this blog. It won't be the last. I need a break from technology once in a while. I need to break away from my computer monitor to make sure I'm not missing out on anything that is going on around me. I think my computer and phone need a break from me as well. We all have batteries that need to be recharged.... don't you agree?

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree.

But I've missed your tales and insights!

FYI, I, too, balance my life with equal doses of 88.9 and 1140. Glad I'm not alone...